Cathodic Remote Monitoring
Monitoring and keeping control of your Rectifier Units is an important part of running a successful Cathodic Protection System. Monitoring your CP Rectifier and being aware of your unit’s status can prevent system failures.
In today’s technology phones and tablets have become an important tool in the workplace, not only can you receive and send important information but with the right software you can monitor and control you CP system in the comfort of your office. Cathtect Engineering strives to manufacture innovation equipment to make the difficult or complicated tasks easier and convenient.
One being our Remote Monitoring Unit (RMU) which is a programmable remote controller that provides remote monitoring and control of a rectifier unit. This monitoring system uses GSM and GPRS to navigate and monitors corrosion around pipelines and tank structures. Integrated CP systems use cellular networks by sending SMS /text messages from the field to the control facilities (GSM) and it utilises GPRS communication protocols to facilitate data transfer between field and control facilities.
Remote monitoring equipment
Enables personnel to collect Cathodic Protection performance data from a distant location. Therefore, personnel no longer need to travel to a site. This is ideal as it can also be beneficial when sites are not easily accessible. The RMU measure the performance of the CP system, but it can also pick up any faults that might occur. RMU’s can be installed at critical structure-to-soil potential test stations, but are generally installed near a CP Rectifier,
Benefits of Cathtect’s RMU
- Request for instantaneous values for control mode and alarm
- Request for 24 Hour log
- Remotely changing control settings
- 12V SLA Rechargeable battery which can provide up to 150 hours of backup supply
- Transmit an SMS/ Text to the Master Station if there is any kind of fault or tampering
- Uses the Newest technology
- Can receive instantaneous values of your Cathodically Protected system anywhere around the world over an SMS/ Text
How does the software work?
The Outstation is to be remotely configured to transmit the daily log at a preselected hour and minute of the day and will continue to do so until a change in configuration is received from the Master Station.
Master Station can pull the latest logs at any time of the day.
Furthermore, should the Outstation’s system processor be reset or shut down for any reason, upon restart, the monitoring and logging will resume according to pre-set conditions, thus to maintain synchronicity, this is to include multiple power outages in one 24-hour period.
Information at your fingertips!
- No need to send a team out to sights to gather this important information, which cost you time, effort and money.
- The only time you would need to send out your team would be to repair a fault which RMU system has detected.
- No more second guessing with the RMU, you will be aware and in control of you CP Systems, at all times.
- We believe that with Cathtect RMU, monitoring will be completely new experience
For More information about our RMU and our other Monitoring Equipment
Click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org